Thursday 21 January 2016

Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminators: Peach Nectar & Riviera Swatches and Review




Finally I have my hands on some of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminators. For months and months I have been lusting over these as I scrolled down Instagram and saw everyone and their mother posting about how great they are. They were not wrong! 

My boyfriend was kind enough to gift me one of the highlighters (Riviera) for Christmas and I was absolutely over the moon because as far as I was concerned they were pretty much out of stock of all of the shades everywhere, so you can imagine the joy when I opened this lovely gift. I first set my eyes on them when I last visited Florida, and it was by total accident. We were wandering around the beauty department in Macy's, well I was dragging my boyfriend around, and there they were. I obviously loved them all but these two shades stood out to me as they were completely different to any other highlighters I'd ever seen. However, at this point of the holiday I was scraping the barrel when it came to dollars so, unfortunately, had to pass on purchasing one of these beauties. 

Riviera is a gorgeous rose gold shade and is unlike any other highlighter I've ever seen before, and the same applies to Peach Nectar which is a gorgeous peach (duh) shade with a lovely warmth to it. They both glow like nothing else but still aren't too much to the point of them looking like a giant stripe on the top of your cheekbones. Riviera is great on its own or as a blush topper whereas I find, with my skin tone, that Peach Nectar would mostly just be a blush topper. Though, when I go on holiday and have nice, bronzey skin, this would work on its own too. But it is definitely for a dark skin tone. Think more NC37 and onwards in MAC terms. 

All in all, I love them and cannot wait until Beauty Bay have So Hollywood and Starlight in stock as I will 100% be getting those to add to my collection! Which ABH Illuminator shade is your favourite? 


No comments:

Post a Comment